Hey everyone! It’s been awhile since I last posted. Did you miss me? I certainly missed writing but work was very hectic, and all I could do when I got home was curl up on the couch. Luckily, my workload seems to be calming down, so I’ve been able to recharge (well at least as much as a spoonie can renew).
During the break, I was shocked (and thrilled) to have been nominated for a Liebster award by not one but two fellow spoonie bloggers:
- The first nomination came from Char at Chronically Hopeful. Her blog has great practical advice and meal ideas for dietary changes to tackle chronic illness.
- The second nomination came from Em at Fibromystory. Her blog shares her inspiring journey to fight back against her chronic illness with weight lifting.
Thank you to both of these lovely ladies for the nominations. You are such inspirations, and I’m honored to have been nominated by you.
My Questions – I decided to mix-and-match from the questions from each of the nominating bloggers.
- Choose one word that describes you. SPUNKY – or at least I like to think that I am.
- What or who inspired you to start blogging? I’ve always really enjoyed writing, and at some point, I realized that I had a lot to say about the journey I was going through. I guess it started partly started because I felt it would be cathartic but I also figured if I could help even just one person, it would be worth sharing what I was writing.
- What is the one post you’ve written that you like the most and why? Easy, My fibro origin story. It is the first blog post that I wrote, and it just has lots of sentimental value to me because it is the story of how my chronic illness journey started. I wouldn’t be the person I am today without the events I described in that post.
- Do you have a set blogging schedule? Tell us how you fit blogging into your life. My initial goal was to try to post at least twice a month, but I’ve already dropped the ball on that—C’est la vie. I would like to strive to get there though.
- If you could speak to all of your followers at once; what would you say? You are strong enough! Whether you are a spoonie yourself or not, whatever life throws at you, you can overcome.
- If you were going to take up some exercise- what would you like to try? Swimming. Actually, I’ve already started. In the last two years, I’ve taken several swim lessons, and now I go swimming once a week on my own for 30 minutes.
- If you could be any animal, which one would you choose and why? An otter. They are just so freaking adorable and playful.
- Share a precious memory. For our wedding, my husband and I decided to perform a unity ceremony, but instead of candles or sand, we did a chemical reaction. We both had colorless liquids that once poured together reacted to create a vibrant fuschia liquid. Yes, we’re nerds, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- What would your perfect three-course meal look like? Oh man, you know what? I kind of already had my perfect meal. It was at Gordon Ramsey Steak in Las Vegas. The first course was a seared scallop on top of a winter squash risotto. The second course was a beef wellington and a lobster tail, and for dessert, there was a peanut butter bar. The only way I can think to make the meal better would be to add bacon in somewhere 😀
- What are your hopes for the future? My biggest hope for the future is to start a family. It is both an exciting and scary prospect for the future with many unknowns but I have a wonderful husband, and I know that it would be an excellent future for us.
In no particular order because every one of them is amazing and an inspiration:
- Donna at February Stars for her wonderful smile and wonderful lifestyle tips.
- Ella at Sick and Sick It who is refreshingly honest.
- Katarina at Skillfully Well and Painfully Aware for being a self-proclaimed health nerd and proud of it.
- Ash at Finding Rainbows in the Dark because she brings positivity and color to the blogosphere.
- Lisa at Damsel in a Dress for her witty sense of humor.
Rules For The Nominees
- Upload the award to your blog post. It can also be displayed on your sidebar.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog in your post.
- Answer the questions below or share 10 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 blogs who you believe deserve the award.
- Notify the nominated bloggers, so they can accept the award.
Questions For My Nominees
- What started your blogging journey?
- Who do you wish you could have as a guest writer on your blog?
- Share your favorite post or experience related to your blog.
- If you could start a second blog about one of your hobbies or interests, what would it be about?
- What is #1 on your bucket list?
- Who would you want to play you if they made a movie about your life?
- If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?
- What ice cream flavor best describes your personality and why?
- Favorite animal or what animal do you wish you could be?
- If you could have dinner with any person (dead or alive), who would it be?